Monday, October 29, 2007

National Novel Writing Month

Ah, lucky Carole, to have her novel out and be working on her next book! I, on the other hand, am still neck-deep in line editing as I fix a few loose gears and weak springs in Clockwork Heart.

I need to move quickly on the edit, though, because I'll be participating in National Novel Writing Month over November, and that takes a lot of time. I've been participating in NaNoWriMo since 2002; in fact, Clockwork Heart was my 2004 NaNoWriMo novel!

You can find me under DrDru at the NaNoWriMo site, and here's my personal update page, which describes previous novels I've written for NaNoWriMo. I haven't entered any information about my 2007 novel, yet. I will, I will! Soon. Tonight. I promise. It's going to be Indian-flavored weird fantasy in honor of the trip I'm taking to India in December....

So if you're a novelist or thinking about becoming a novelist, and you're not already signed up for NaNoWriMo, come join the fun! The goal is to write 50,000 words in one month, but there's no prize if you make it and no penalty if you don't. Why not try?

Hope I'll see you there!

2 comments:

Carole McDonnell said...

Hi Dru.

Oh it's perfect. I'm on Nano, too. I've never been able to commit to actually telling everyone what my daily word count in a Nano story is. Now that I know you'll be there, we can inspire each other. I need to get the first draft of this thing done so I can show it to Paula and hopefully she'll accept it and get it on the Juno schedule.

Get that line editing done. Happy creating!

Anonymous said...

Cool!

My NaNo username: Chris Howard

I haven't participated in a couple years, but any excuse to write...

I'm 60k words into The New Sirens, sequel to Seaborn--about halfway done, and I'm not about to stop. The idea of completing it in November is attractive.